Learning about energy purchasing in the District
海南福彩地址Energy Choice DC is an outreach initiative organized by DOEE that educates residents and businesses about their ability to bundle their collective electricity demand for the opportunity to secure a more affordable, reliable, and sustainable electricity option.
How does it work?
海南福彩地址Residents and businesses that pay directly for their electricity (ratepayers) can use Energy Choice DC to learn more about their purchasing options and the companies that provide electricity aggregation services in the District. Ratepayers connect with a broker who will collect necessary information from them and use that information to seek competitive pricing on electricity, including options for conventional electricity and electricity generated from renewable sources. The broker then presents the negotiated rate to ratepayers, who sign a contract with the selected third-party supplier, for a term of one to three years, and pay a monthly electricity bill based on a consistent rate during that period.
Why should you participate?
海南福彩地址By signing up to purchase energy alongside other users, you can help the environment and yourself by:
- Making an impact by lowering your impact. Energy Choice DC empowers you to purchase clean energy that isn’t contributing to climate change.
- Breathing easier. Opting for clean energy will help reduce air pollution generated in our region, helping protect you and your loved ones.
- Locking in your energy price for the next two years. Participating in aggregation means you can pay the same rate each month with no surprises.
- Using a new source, same service. Even if you select a new supplier, your electricity supply is delivered through the same power lines you use now. Your service continues uninterrupted.
Have questions? Check out our Guide! 海南福彩地址(also attached below)
What do you need to do?
- Start by reviewing your electricity bill in detail, including your monthly rate and consumption.
- Next, review the of Public Service Commission-approved aggregators below to determine if there are aggregators who will serve your needs. If you already know of others who are interested in buying energy together, you may be able to contact a PSC-approved broker directly.
- Reach out to one of the PSC-approved brokers who will seek competitive pricing on electricity, including options for conventional electricity and electricity generated from renewable sources. The broker will present you with a negotiated electricity rate that could be lower than comparable rates.
- If you choose this option, you will then sign a contract with the selected supplier, typically for either a one-, two-, or three-year term, and pay an electricity bill based on a consistent rate during that period.
Other energy options in the District
If you live in the District, you have multiple options for reducing your energy costs and usage. You can:
- Learn about small business energy efficiency
- Conduct a DIY 海南福彩地址 Energy Audit
- Learn about solar energy initiatives
Connecting with a broker is easy! All you have to do is review the list of Public Service Commission-approved brokers and connect with one that interests you!
* This list is maintained by the Public Service Commission and was last updated April 8, 2016. Please see the .
Sat, August 6
Mt. Pleasant Farmer’s Market
Fri, August 12
Annual Sustainability Fair
Sat, August 13
Ward 8 Farmer’s Market
Sun, August 14
Palisades Farmer’s Market
Wed, August 17
Minnesota Avenue Farmer’s Market
Sat, September 24
Barracks Row Festival